Are you passionate about advancing sustainable transport in Africa? Do you have innovative ideas and a drive to shape the future of transportation on the African continent?
We invite you to state your interest to participate in the first Rethinking Transport Lab on E-Mobility, an exciting opportunity to collaborate with other professionals and change-makers who share your passion for accelerating electric mobility on the continent.
The workshop, focusing on the opportunities for accelerating electric mobility across the African continent, will take place from 6-10 November 2023 in East Africa (final location tbc). The Lab seeks to foster creativity, innovation, and collaboration among prominent stakeholders from African countries, including representatives from academia, civil society, non-governmental organizations, and think tanks, to jointly develop comprehensive visions for electric mobility in Africa. The highly interactive workshop will bring together 30 participants from across the continent!
- Identify opportunities & challenges for e-mobility adoption in Africa
- Develop innovative solutions & strategies to promote e-vehicles
- Facilitate knowledge exchange & collaboration among stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and strengthening of think tanks for sustainable mobility in Africa
Please register your interest for participation, including a short statement of motivation through our online portal by 20 August 2023 at 11:59 pm UTC. The Lab will provide space for 30 young professionals. Based on the participant criteria, eligible candidates will be contacted in a second step, 1 week after the registration deadline with guidance on the further application process. Find more details in the call for participants!
Who can participate?
We welcome applications from African young professionals who possess a strong passion for e-mobility and satisfying the following qualification:
- Citizenship & residency in a country on the African continent
- Education: University degree in transportation, renewable energy, urban planning,civil engineering, development studies, environmental management, political/social sciences or similar
- Experience: 2 to 5 years of experience in areas such as electric vehicle technology, renewable energy, policy development, transport planning or similar.
- Language: ability to understand and communicate in English
- Motivation & collaborative spirit: strong commitment to sustainable transportation and reducing carbon emissions, innovative thinking & ability to collaborate effectively in a diverse and multidisciplinary team