Launch of MobiliseYourCity’s Guidelines for developing Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans for the Global South
Time: 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM (Europe/Berlin)
Location: EU InfoPoint and Webex Meetings
JOIN HERE on Feb 28th
Since its inception in 2016, the MobiliseYourCity Partnership has been a leading force in disseminating Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMP) all over the world. Responding to specific challenges of urban mobility in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America, the Partnership is launching the MobiliseYourCity SUMP Guidelines at the EU Infopoint Hybrid Conference.
In Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America there exist diverse but common challenges for urban mobility that differ from those of EU cities: lack of technical capacities of local governments, poor governance and institutional frameworks, low levels of private motorisation, a high share of active modes and public transport, and paratransit as the main.
This high-level event will be the occasion to present the brand-new core methodology of the MobiliseYourCity Partnership and will be followed by a series of webinars over March and April 2023 to dive into more technical aspectsaddressed to practitioners of urban mobility in MobiliseYourCity geographies.
- Torsten Klimke, Head of Unit MOVE B3- Innovation & Research
- Lars Gronvald, Team Leader, Urban Development, Cities, INTPA F4- Sustainable Transport and Urban Development
- Lise Breuil, Head of Mobility Division, AFD
- Sasank Vemuri, Head of the Secretariat, MobiliseYourCity
- Representative from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- André Eckermann, Head of Competence Center for Energy and Transport, GIZ