Impulses for Green Recovery and the Transition of Transport
Time: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM (UTC+2)
This webinar examines whether the stimulus packages being developed by governments in response to COVID-19 will be sufficient to accelerate the transition towards a sustainable future through comprehensive investments in the decarbonisation of the transport sector, which is crucial for addressing climate change within the narrow time frame available.
Language(s): EN, GER
GIZ and German Federal Environment Agency (UBA)
Transport and Green Recovery
We know: Climate change will not be stopped without decarbonisation of the transport sector. And: The window of time for initiating and implementing the necessary far-reaching decarbonisation is small. Therefore, comprehensive investments in the decarbonisation of the transport sector are needed worldwide in order to achieve the global climate goals. The stimulus packages that governments have been putting together to recover from the COVID 19 pandemic are a great opportunity for such investments towards a sustainable future. Yet will they be enough to boost the transition?
- Ingrid-Gabriela Hoven, Member of the Management Board of GIZ
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Messner, President of the German Federal Environment Agency (UBA)
- Gonzalo Munoz (COP26 High Level Climate Champion)
- Andrea Meza (Minister of Environment, Costa Rica)
- Sudendhu Sinha (Senior Advisor, Niti Aayog, India)
- Fatijah Neji (Director, Ministry of Transport, Tunisia)